Sidcup Golf Club provides excellent facilities with top quality catering and we are proud of our friendly and thriving social environment which enhances the enjoyment of members and visitors alike.
The club house offers a welcoming atmosphere with extensive views over the course from both the lounge bar and the restaurant.
There is a large main lounge with a well stocked bar for relaxing in after a round.
The lounge can comfortably seat up to 120 people. The club house facility can be reserved for a variety of external functions including birthdays, funerals, local societies and interest groups.
|Light Blue||68||5040 Yards|
- Pro Shop: Yes
- Driving Range: Yes
- Chipping Area: Yes
- Putting Green: Yes
- Buggy Hire: Yes
- Pull-cart Hire: Yes
- Club Hire: Yes
- Teaching Pro: Yes
- Walking Allowed: Yes
- Cards Accepted: Yes
- Policy Here: No
- Dress Code: Proper attire required
- Website: www.sidcupgolfclub.co.uk
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 8300 2150
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Hurst Rd, Sidcup DA15 9AW
From 12 noon Monday to Friday and after 2 pm on Sundays (Excludes Saturdays)
9 holes – £18.00 (£15.00 after 4pm)
18 holes – £25.00
4 Ball Deal – £80.00 (After 2pm)
A Golf Club derives much of its character from the environment in which it is created. The Kentish locality called Sidcup developed from a cluster of villages and hamlets such as Black Fen, Halfway Street, Old Sidcup, New Sidcup and the Parish of Footscray, which probably has the most enduring history.
Sidcup is about 12 miles from London in North West Kent. It derives its name from Cetecopp (AD 1254) which later became Sidycope and ultimately Sidcup. The older part of the present town is on a hill and slopes down the valley of the River Cray towards the south and east and towards the River Shuttle in the north.
The opening of the North Kent Loop Line of the South Eastern Railway in 1866 with direct links into London, gave it all the trappings of a new town. The change in the social environment resulted in an influx of city men and professional types. This assortment of people and the wealthier locals were the nucleus from which the golf club was formed in 1891. In North West Kent, Rochester, Sidcup and The Eltham (now Royal Blackheath) Golf Clubs were fledgelings of this time, but nevertheless, among the trailblazers of what is now a thriving area of prestigious members clubs and a nursery of fine golf talent.
Looking back of over a century of golf in Sidcup, there are many changes. The modern development created Sidcup Golf Club and took it to its halcyon years in the twenties and thirties. Ironically further development was damaging, ultimately by reducing one of the finest inland courses in the south, to a nine hole course in the fifties, with further inroads into the remaining site in the seventies. The 21st century has seen the club move into their new “home” sited on the golf course, with the old clubhouse site being transformed into a leisure centre.
Today, although smaller, the club is still the 8th most senior club in Kent. Others may have longer courses and more facilities but few can say they took part in the vote that led to St Andrews becoming the home of golf and contributed to the necessary funds required to keep “The Open” going from the turn of the century, which Sidcup have done.