Whether you are looking for golf membership, a day out with friends/colleagues or a venue for an event Pike Fold Golf Club is a great choice. We are very proud to have one of the best venues in the region and welcome all visitors every day including Saturdays.
Situated within easy reach of the M60, Pike Fold Golf Club is renowned for its excellent USGA greens.
Although it has a long history dating back to 1909, the club never stops improving the facilities for its members.
The club prides itself on its friendliness and accessibility. New members can quickly meet other golfers by joining in fun and serious competitions or at the regular and varied social events. There is also an active and strong ladies’ section.
Visitors are always assured of a warm welcome and there are very attractive packages for new members, especially for the under 32s.
- Pro Shop: Yes
- Driving Range: Yes
- Chipping Area: Yes
- Putting Green: Yes
- Buggy Hire: Yes
- Pull-cart Hire: Yes
- Club Hire: Yes
- Teaching Pro: Yes
- Walking Allowed: Yes
- Cards Accepted: Yes
- Policy Here: No
- Dress Code: Proper attire required
- Website: www.pikefold.co.uk
- Telephone: 0161 766 3561
- Address: Hills Lane, Unsworth, Bury BL9 8QP
With member any day – £15
Without member – £20
Saturday without member – £25
Junior with member – £7
In 1920 the club moved to Henshalls Farm, off Cooper Lane, where it remained until 1998. In that year the the club was forced to close to accommodate the M60 motorway. The present course was opened in 1999 on Back O’th Moss Farm and is maturing into a fine nine hole course renowned for its excellent USGA greens.
The new 18 hole course opened in the Spring of 2008 and has since received excellent reviews. The next milestone in the history of Pike Fold Golf Club will be the much anticipated centenary year in 2009.
- The maximum game permitted at Pike Fold Golf Club is a 4 ball.
- Players are not allowed to share a bag of clubs.
- Do not distract your partner by either talking, moving or standing too near when he plays a stroke.
- The player who has the honour from the tee should be allowed to play before their opponent tees up their ball.
- Do not shout, swear, or throw your clubs if the shot you hit is not absolute perfection.
- No trolleys on greens, green approaches, bunkers and tees.
- Repair ball pitch marks on greens.
- Replace all divots (turf cut or displaced) while playing.
- Rake over all footprints and other marks made in bunkers.
- No practice swings on tees.