A visit to Bolton Old Links provides a memorable experience , 18 uniquely challenging holes, superb conditioning, panoramic views and traditional clubhouse.
Bolton Old Links Golf Club course measures 6479 yards from the Championship white tees and is laid out in two loops of nine holes, both starting and finishing near the Clubhouse, ideal for larger parties requiring a two tee start, or a leisurely nine holes for Members on a beautiful Summers evening. Par is 72 for Gents and 73 for Ladies, likewise standard scratch 72 and 73 respectively.
We are proud to have been chosen to host several Professional events including the European Satellite Tour, Wilson PGA Championship and the Excel Golf Tour. The Club also hosts its own Northern Order of Merit Event each September the ‘Old Links Trophy’ at Bolton Old Links Golf Club.
- Pro Shop: Yes
- Driving Range: Yes
- Chipping Area: Yes
- Putting Green: Yes
- Buggy Hire: Yes
- Pull-cart Hire: Yes
- Club Hire: Yes
- Teaching Pro: Yes
- Walking Allowed: Yes
- Cards Accepted: Yes
- Policy Here: No
- Dress Code: Proper attire required
- Website: www.boltonoldlinks.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)1204 842307
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Chorley Old Rd, Bolton BL1 5SU
Weekdays – From £35
Weekends – From £45
Fourball Price – From £120
In 1891 a meeting of Bolton gentlemen took place at the Swan Hotel in the town centre to discuss the forming of a golf club for Bolton. The feeling was unanimous that this would be desirable for Bolton and subscription was set at one guinea per annum. A committee of five was formed with subs to be paid to Mr Herbert Broadbent at the Bank of Bolton. A course had been obtained on Green Lane ( adjacent to Bolton cricket ground) and over viewed by George Lowe of Lytham & St Anne’s golf club who declared it ready to play and very adaptable.
The club proved successful and was quickly inundated with applications, membership was restricted to 190.In 1896 the golf club moved to a nine hole course at Smithills, part of the land still form the present course at the far end. “Nisbetts Golf Year Book for 1911” records the conversion of Light bounds farm house, now part of Moss Bank Park, into a comfortable clubhouse. Even though the course was extended to 2841 yards in 1908, which was quite a long course in those days, some of the members were not overly impressed. By 1910 annual subs were two guineas for gentlemen and one guinea for ladies.